THE TIME IS NOW!
HERE’S THE FULL SCHEDULE-
The Portable Shrines Collective ESCALATOR FEST “Two Nights of Mind-Manifesting Music” in Seattle 9.25.09 at the Lo-Fi Gallery (21+) and 9.26.09 at the Vera Project (all ages). Projections by Portable Shrines and Sun Eye and art by local artists. To the best of our knowledge all times listed are exact so don’t be late and miss out!
Friday, September 25, 2009 8pm-2am @ Lo-Fi Performance Gallery 21+, $15
- Lumerians – 12:30- San Francisco space rockers blew our minds last year and we can’t wait for them to do it again.
- Jackie-O Motherfucker - 11:30-12:15 Highly regarded outsider free folk collective from Portland, known for their experimental take on traditional sounds.
- Kinski – 10:30-11:15 Seattle’s premier avant-rock quartet have traveled the world and and can always be counted on to paint heavy sound pictures.
- Purple Rhinestone Eagle – 9:45-10:15 Three heavy females who conjure mystic sounds bringing to mind early Hawkwind and Sabbath.
- Treetarantula – 9-9:30 Mind-altering scuzz n’ fuzz from Seattle lords of psychedelic doom.
- Psychedelic dance party all night in the front lounge with DJ Randy Travis, DJ Jermaine and DJ Mamma Casserole
Saturday, September 26, 2009 5pm-12am @ The Vera Project all ages, $15
Non-stop music and projections all day in the front room and mainstage
- Wooden Shjips – 10:45 Drone you can dance to from San Francisco’s masters of motorik fuzz-beat. These guys seem to play every cool festival on earth and it’s an honor to have them at Escalator. You don’t want to miss this.
- Eternal Tapestry – 10:00 Soul-shattering psychedelic kraut-blues from Portland always spewing out great records and CD-rs.
- Prince Rama of Ayodhya – 9:30 Traveling yoga-punks from an ancient realm bring cosmic sounds to the fucked up children.
- The Slaves – 9:00 A blissful nightmare in slo-mo like an AM radio falling down a bottomless chasm. Can’t wait.
- Midday Veil – 8:30 Ecstatic soundtracks for beatific visions from Seattle-based star children.
- Geist & the Sacred Ensemble – 8:00 Mystery rhythms and shaman songs from this local group whose ritualistic performances keep getting better.
- Story of Rats – 7:30 Visual and sound artist Garek Druss builds deeply textured walls of amplification for your enjoyment.
- oKo yOnO – 7:00 Reverberous soundtracks to start your vision quest.
- Cloaks – 6:30 Portland purveyors of mutated crypto-funk space elevator muzak.
- Lord Jeff – 6:00 East Coast weirdo folk fuzz with a new album on Ecstatic Peace. Keep the freaks rollin.
And thanks a million to the delicious Post Alley Pizza!!